Twitter mania! I am sponsoring a game of Rodent Jeopardy! on Twitter starting Black Friday (November 27th) at 7:00 am Central Time.
To join in the fun, use #RodentJeopardy on twitter. If you haven’t already started tweeting, now is the time! Get an account and join the fun.
If you’re not already following me on Twitter, you should start! Find out when I’m eating, when I’m sleeping, I even tweet from the pool! @CaplinRous. Most importantly, in order for you to play, I must be following you. Send me a DM (direct message by putting “d ” as the first part of your tweet). If it bounces, send me a regular tweet message (@CaplinRous) and ask me to follow you so you can play.
This game of Rodent Jeopardy! will be sponsoring my new favorite charity, Hero Rats! Check them out. They are real land-mine-sniffing, tuberculosis-diagnosing rats! For every player (anyone who answers at least one question), I will donate $1 US. For each point earned by any player, I will donate an additional $0.01. In the last game that would have been $45 for the players PLUS $38 for the points! So play hard and play often to help the Hero Rats clear land mines in Africa.
Rodent Jeopardy! rules:
- Anyone can play.
- Response must be in the form of a question DMed to @CaplinRous.
- Whoever gives the first correct response chooses the next block to be uncovered.
- I will tweet the time the next answer will be revealed after receiving at least one correct response.
- This page will be updated with the revealed blocks as the game progresses so check back often!
Rodent Jeopardy! scoring:
- Each of the first five correct responses earn the block value plus extra points. The first correct response earns the block value plus five. The second earns the block value plus four, etc. All correct responses after 5th are awarded 1/2 block value.
- No points are deducted for an incorrect response.
- After all the blocks have been revealed, there will be one round of Rodent Final Jeopardy! Only the top 10 players will be scored on this round. For Final Jeopardy, each player will DM me with the amount the intend to “wager” before the round starts.
FINAL JEOPARDY: Category is Recent Blogs
DM me with amount of wager. Can wager any number of points up to your total points.
Get only one guess.
Incorrect guess results in loss of 1/2 pts wagered.
Rodent Jeopardy! Prizes!!!
- 1st place: A signed copy of Celeste and the Giant Hamster and a Caplin Rous 2010 Calendar.
- 2nd place: A signed copy of Celeste and the Giant Hamster.
- 3rd place: Your choice of:
- 4th place gets choice of 2 things not chosen by 3rd place winner.
- 5th place gets whatever is not chosen by 3rd and 4th place winners.
Download Chapter One of Celeste and the Giant Hamster for FREE. Make sure you read it before Rodent Jeopardy! starts!
On the web:
- 10: Who is Jeff VanderMeer?
- 20: What is 5?
- 30: What is KittySneezes
- 40: Who are Emily & Elizabeth?
- 50: Who is Dobby?
- 10: Where is San Antonio Zoo?
- 20: What is York’s Wild Kingdom
- 30: Where is Arkansas?
- 40: In play
- 50: Where is Venezuela?
Chapter One: Celeste & the Giant Hamster
- 10: Who is Ruby?
- 20: What is a mouse?
- 30: Who is Celestina?
- 40: Who is Tiger?
- 50: What is house?
Capys in the Arts:
- 10: Who is Bill Peet?
- 20: What is Hooway for Wodney Wat
- 30: Who is Terry Stanley?
- 40: Who is Grace Warrington?
- 50: Who is Jeff Djayasaputra?
- 10: What is a prairie dog?
- 20: What is a porcupine?
- 30: What is a groundhog?
- 40: What is a squirrel?
- 50: What is a Patagonian Cavy or Mara?
Rodent Jeopardy earned $102.14 which owner will donate to Hero Rats!
Congratulations to everyone! Thanks for playing.