If you know me, you know I love a good contest, especially when it involves photos of me. So I decided to kick off a quick contest during the holidays since, I figure, people will have a lot of time on their hands.
This contest is LOL Capybara. In case there’s anyone out there who doesn’t understand the LOL concept, what you do is create a funny caption for the photo. I do not require LOL Speak (and if you don’t know what that is, you are blissfully ignorant) because I value good language and grammar. Nevertheless, as with all my contests, the readers are the judges and they may well love LOL Speak, so do what you will.
- Post your entry as a comment
- Specify which photo your LOL caption relates to (1,2,3 or 4)
- Must be kid-friendly, no profanity and nothing vulgar or inappropriate!
- Enter as many times as you like
- Contest starts now and closes Dec. 6th.
- Voting will be from Dec. 7th through Dec. 14th
- I will put up a poll for you to use for voting on the 7th.
- Prizes are for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- 1st place chooses then 2nd chooses from remaining, then 3rd places chooses from remaining
- Prizes are:
- A Capycoppy (as seen in photo 4)
- A 2011 Caplin Calendar
- A Caplin Rous mug
- A copy of Celeste and the Giant Hamster.
****************** VOTING ON THIS CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED! **********************
Congratulations to all participants. We loved reading your captions.
- 1st place: Photo2:Caption8 – Joann: …The happy couple will be honeymooning at a mud spa in the Caribbean
- 2nd place: Photo1:Caption5 – Sue R: Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
- 3rd place: Photo3-8 – Joann: As he gets ready to walk The Green Carpet, Caplin Rous poses for the paparazzi…
There was a tie for 2nd place between Sue R. and Joann but I decided to give it to Sue R. since Joann already won first.
Joann, please select your prizes!
Entries by photo:
- Alicia: Capy leap frog
- Andrea: Much to the dismay of his passengers, monorail Capybara takes an unscheduled break.
- Lisa B: That’s right laugh while you can, but I’d be sleeping with one eye opened from now on if I were you.
- Jen S: Looks like Darwin was right.
- Sue R: Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
- Alex: I know I have to respect my relatives… quiet, Capy, quiet…
- Nic: The capybaras are going from largest to smallest, and the’re toys on top of me.
- Michelle: Why no, I don’t wear a toupee. Why do you ask?
- Stephanie T: After this massage I’m getting a pedicure and a popsicle.
- Josie: oh shoot, babysitting again?
- Alicia: Pssst, you’re squeezing my paw!
- Unknown: I would kiss you but I just washed my hair!
- Lisa B: I may be shaking your hand now, but if you even THINK about touching my yogurt, you are history!
- Jen S: Another Match.capycom success story!
- Sue R: Sheldon is only in this shot because he knows I make him look good.
- Lynn M: This is my pet, Sheldon & I have trained him very well!
- Lynn M: O Captain My Captain!
- Joann: …The happy couple will be honeymooning at a mud spa in the Caribbean
- Alex: I am not the Pope, is Sheldon really going to kiss my hand??
- Josie: will you marry me?
- Theresa D: I would so very much like to accept your advances, however, I am quite “CAP-RICOUS” by nature !
- Michelle: The ring IS beautiful, but I’m afraid Texas doesn’t recognize inter-species marriages!
- Alicia: What do you think, is this my best side?
- Unknown: These silly people from Oregon keep asking me if I am a Beavers fan!
- Lisa B: If I close my eyes will they all just go away?
- Jen S: The Caparazzi can be SO annoying!!
- Stephanie T: It’s Caplin Rous! Caplin! Caplin! Over here! Look this way Caplin!
- Sue R: I hope you all have extra batteries, because I have MANY good sides.
- Lynn M: Where is Coral to beat away these annoying ones!
- Joann: As he gets ready to walk The Green Carpet, Caplin Rous poses for the paparazzi…
- Alex: And thank you all for coming here today, you are the greatest audience!
- Nic: I’m a capybara fasion model showing off my bandana.
- Josie: twirl the hip pose it!!!
- Theresa D: So little time…. so many “CAPY-RAZZI”!!
- Michelle: Who needs a red carpet? The green one tastes better!
- Alicia: The Capy Quartet
- Lisa B: If you look real close you will see I am the cuter one!
- Jen S: 37…22….17….HUT!!
- Karen J: The quartet sang acapypella.
- Sue R: I’m so glad we all got the memo to wear the same color bandanas today!
- Lynn M: The Capyshop Quartet!
- Alex: First ground ball is OURS at all costs!!
- Lynn: She loves you yeah yeah yeahhhhhh” by the Caplets
- Stephanie T:
Hey! You look like me!
No! You look like me!
No! You’re both wrong! You look like me!
No! You’re ALL wrong! You look like me!!!
- Nic: I’m caplin the capybara toy!.”
“No i’m caplin the capybara toy!.”
“You are both wrong i’m caplin the capybara toy!.”
“No were all caplin the capybara toys.
- Josie: team blue quick huttle!
- Jen S: AT LAST, the capy-cloning is complete!!!
- Theresa D: What’s said in the “CAPY-QUORUM”, stays in the “CAPY-QUORUM”.
- Michelle: Now remember: in case of an imposter, the codephrase is “blueberry yogurt”.