Hi all! I am in need of a logo for the ROUS Foundation for Capybara Veterinary Medicine. As some of you may know, the Foundation was started after Caplin Rous died unexpectedly on January 4th, 2011, a day that will burn forever in my heart.
After Caplin’s death I wanted to do something to try to prevent such tragedies from happening again. The first step toward that is knowledge and it turns out there is surprisingly little knowledge about capybara veterinary care, diseases and environmental susceptibilities. I started the ROUS Foundation in conjunction with Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine to develop a knowledge center of capybara. It has taken a while to get things going but soon everything should be in place.
However, as everyone knows, we can’t have a Foundation without a logo! That’s where you come in. Create your own version of a ROUS Foundation logo and email it me using the “contact” tab at the top of this page. I will put all the entries that I receive before June 4th up here and then open voting to the public. Get your creative hats on!
- There will be three prizes
- 1st place winner will select his/her prize
- 2nd winner will select his/her prize
- 3rd place winner selects from remaining prizes
- Prizes are:
- A Capycoppy or one of the new Super Gari plushies when available
- A puzzle of your choosing (see www.CaplinRous.com)
- A copy of Celeste and the Giant Hamster
- A Caplin Rous ceramic pawprint
- A Caplin Rous mug
- You must relinquish all creative rights to the logo image
- You may use any of my drawings or photos in your logo
- Do not use anyone else’s copyrighted material
- Enter as many times as you wish
- Voting will be via a poll on the right sidebar
- Voting will commence June 5th, 2011
Thanks to everyone for voting!
And special thanks for all the great entries!
The winners are:
1st place: #4 Angela Mitchell
2nd place: #2 Ashley Engelhard
3rd place: #1 Sue Rost