Knitted Capybara Scarf
The web is a wondrous thing. You never know what you will find there. What I found today is that someone is developing a pattern for a beautiful capybara scarf! Oh internets, I love you!
The pattern come from Not Just About Knitting. And you’ll love the subtitle for this blog: Outlining the minutia of Geri’s life as a retiree. How great is that? I mean, I am assuming she pronounces Geri as Gari and not as Jerry, but I think that’s a safe assumption. And the scarf is kind-of like my outline.
All of my fans should have one of these!
Garibaldi & Bakersfield
That photo doesn’t have anything to do with this blog post. Melly said we needed something to catch people’s attention and this was the cutest thing I could come up with. Doesn’t Bakes look sweet perched on my back?
At any rate the blog post is actually about the winners of my Capitalisms contest!
- ACAPELLA: Adverb: To eep without accompaniment (Jen S.)
- Eepicap: Noun: A syrup derived from the roots of the eepicapuanha plant in Brazil, and is well known eepetic (substance used to induce eeping). It is often given to a sad capybara to make them happy. Warning: May cause excessive Eeping!!! (Sara Beth)
- iCap: Noun: The phone choice of most capybaras.
NOT to be mistaken with
ICAP: Noun: Capybaras favorite restaurant chain where they go to devour the delicious double blueberry pancakes. Short for International Capybaras Annihilating Pancakes. (Sara Beth)
Those are some pretty good winners, although there were many, many great entries in the contest. Melly says having our readers vote is the best idea she ever had since that way we don’t have to pick a winner.
If you’ll recall, the prizes are:
I will be contacting the winners to let them select their prizes.
The plushies have arrived
The first 75 of the Super Capy plushies have arrived and they are ruining my life.
Continue reading “Invasion of the Plushies” »
Gari and Bakersfield on the porch
When the weather is nice, Melly, Bakersfield, the rabbits and I like to chill out on the front porch. The rabbits usually keep their distance, some complaint they have about me chasing them. And Melly sits in a chair. But Bakersfield and I spend some real quality time.
Continue reading “Rodent Robber (Part II: The Rat)” »
Time for a new contest!
Are you wondering what the title of this post means? Well, you can thank Lynn Marcotte for this great definition:
capitalisms — words used to describe capybaras (entry #1)
And that is what this contest is about: words used to describe capybaras!
To enter the contest think up a real word or make up a word and then provide a definition for it that involves capybaras. Another example is:
Capture: noun: the experience, anticipated by some fundamentalist Christian capybaras, of meeting capy-Christ midway in the air upon his return to earth. (entry #2)
That one was provided by Brian Weisel.
As with all my contests, the readers are the judges.
- Post your entry as a comment
- Must be kid-friendly, no profanity and nothing vulgar or inappropriate!
- Enter as many times as you like
- Contest starts now and closes Nov. 13th at midnight, central time.
- Voting will be from Nov. 14th through Nov. 21st
- I will put up a poll on the right side bar of this blog for voting
- The poll will go up on Nov. 15th.
- Prizes are for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- 1st place chooses then 2nd chooses from remaining, then 3rd places chooses from remaining
- Prizes are:
Use the poll in the RIGHT SIDE BAR to vote!