That photo doesn’t have anything to do with this blog post. Melly said we needed something to catch people’s attention and this was the cutest thing I could come up with. Doesn’t Bakes look sweet perched on my back?
At any rate the blog post is actually about the winners of my Capitalisms contest!
- ACAPELLA: Adverb: To eep without accompaniment (Jen S.)
- Eepicap: Noun: A syrup derived from the roots of the eepicapuanha plant in Brazil, and is well known eepetic (substance used to induce eeping). It is often given to a sad capybara to make them happy. Warning: May cause excessive Eeping!!! (Sara Beth)
- iCap: Noun: The phone choice of most capybaras.
NOT to be mistaken with
ICAP: Noun: Capybaras favorite restaurant chain where they go to devour the delicious double blueberry pancakes. Short for International Capybaras Annihilating Pancakes. (Sara Beth)
Those are some pretty good winners, although there were many, many great entries in the contest. Melly says having our readers vote is the best idea she ever had since that way we don’t have to pick a winner.
If you’ll recall, the prizes are:
- A Super Capy plush
- A 2012 Capybara Madness Calendar
- A Caplin Rous Poster
- A Garibaldi Rous notebook
- A copy of Celeste and the Giant Hamster.
- A raku pawprint from Francine Rossi
- A 3 Capybaras tshirt (men’s or women’s)
I will be contacting the winners to let them select their prizes.